Head of Tax
Dublin City Centre
Global Financial Services Organisation
- Provide tax oversight on all activities in Ireland.
- Assess the tax risks and develop a strategy to mitigate these risks.
- Provide oversight of local transfer pricing, including performing periodic review of all intergroup service agreements.
- Provide taxation structuring and compliance advice (Corporate Tax and VAT) support to Legal, HR, Finance and Business Metier.
- Provide Irish tax input on transactions and new activities presented by transaction teams at Transaction Acceptance Committee and New Activity Committee.
- Prepare and review VAT, 46G, DIRT; FATCA and other Revenue returns for completeness and accuracy.
- Evaluate latest developments in the Irish tax environment and advise of the potential impact on current and/or proposed activities, transactions, policies or procedures.
- Interact with the Group Tax function to provide Irish tax input as required and to collaborate on international projects.
- Assist the Head of Financial Statutory and Regulatory Reporting (HFST) in supporting the CFO to deliver his Group Tax territorial mandate through the management of all CIB taxation matters.
- Provide direct contribution to the Local Finance team’s accounting control framework.
- Participate in and support all relevant Head Office and Local Projects that impact on the Finance function.Manage the performance of and on-going enhancements to the tax control environment.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of tax accounting and control procedures in your area to ensure quality of data for accounting and audit trails.
- Assist HSFT and CFO in reporting to Group Tax and Group Finance on matters such as territorial tax capacity. Implementation and review of a bi-annual tax sub-certification process for the territory.
- Develop and maintain the tax database (views and opinions) for Irish activities.
- Liaise with Revenue Commissioners as required.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party service providers in relation to Irish corporation tax compliance (and non-Irish VAT and other tax compliance where required).
- Managing the relationship with professional tax firms to ensure high quality, timely advice provided cost effectively.
- Interact and assist internal and external auditors in their completion of audits.
- Represent the CFO Office on Ireland Tax matters.
- Engage with local management to provide tax support to business development strategy.
- Interact positively and proactively with all areas of the business to optimise the profile of tax and finance function in Ireland and beyond.
- Build relationships and network within the industry.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ post Irish Taxation Institute qualification experience in a corporate tax role in either professional practice or banking environment achieved while working at tax manager level.
- Member of the Irish Taxation Institute.
- May be pursuing a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Familiar with VAT and preparing VAT returns.
- Familiar with preparing returns to the Central Statistics Office.
- Strong technical knowledge of tax, excellent project management and process skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages, in particular Excel.
- Self-starter, flexible, able to manage workloads within a changing environment.
- Good team player with an ability to communicate clearly at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational and planning skillsExcellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment.